Revision / Last Revision date: 03/24.01.2018
Vestland Management AS is committed to provide “Management services of ships in worldwide operation, comprising Project, Technical, Crewing and Commercial Management” in accordance with the Environmental management system that conforms to the requirements of ISO 14001:2015.
The Company is responsible for any harmful effects their activities have on both the local and global environment, and is committed to reduce such effects to a minimum.
Top Management shall:
- Regularly review and evaluate the Environmental Policy and Significant Environmental Aspects
- Communicate the importance of EMS throughout the Company
- Provide necessary resources
The Company shall:
- Identify, evaluate and comply with all applicable environmental laws and environmental requirements of our customers as well as industry standards as applicable. Be in compliance with MARPOL
- Maintain and update environmental program
- Establish specific targets and carry out measurement against such targets
- Encourage to segregation and recycling of waste
- Encourage customers to take environmental responsibility
- Include environmental requirements in agreements with subcontractors
- Report all environmental unwanted incidents
- Record the environmental aspects and act according to their measures
- Log the emission to air, releases to water, garbage and contamination to shore
- Use environmental friendly technology in development of new ships
- Carry out environmental friendly maintenance of properties
- Operate in a fuel efficient manner and optimize use of fuel and electric power
- Reduce harm of fuel emission gases to the environment
- Have zero oil spill and waste to the environment
Personnel environmental related duties:
- Minimize paper printing, only use the main network printer.
- Segregate the paper waste, using the paper segregating boxes.
- Special waste (battery, computers, electrical equipment …) shall be segregated.
- Utilize the heating exchange processed ventilation system. Minimize the extra heating of the building.
- Aim to switch off the light when you are the last one to leave a room.
- When travelling aim to reduce the environmental impact.
Per Vidar Hille, CEO